First, the update: Dr. Free Ride’s much anticipated follow-up to this extremely popular post will be arriving here tomorrow. Don’t miss it!
And now, the Thank-You’s:
The WAAGNFNP would like to thank Blue Gal and all the co-sponsors and organizers of Blog Against Theocracy Week(end). You worked your asses off to make it all possible, and it was a huge success. Thanks for bringing so many people, both religious and not, together to talk, sound the alarm, and share ideas about getting active before it’s too late. Here’s a link to the blogswarm participants. Lots of good reading in there, so check it out.
It is with great pride and an overflowing heart that I proclaim the WAAGNFNP made a truly outstanding showing for Blog Against Theocracy Week. From Friday -Monday, we had four tremendous posts offering unique and insightful angles on both the threat growing theocratic influence poses to our democracy, as well as reasons to be optimistic for the future. For those of you who have not had a chance to read these fine posts (and the extremely thoughtful discussion in the comments - a staple of this nascent community blog which is quickly making it a “must read”), please take the time to do so. Just scroll on down. You’ll be glad you did.
We actually received a total of six BAT Week contributions, but we’ll save those last two for future posting because the spectre of theocracy and the importance of keeping the church and state separate are always timely topics.
So a huge, no, a GIANT thank you to all our BAT Week contributors and commenters. Surely Gojira is smiling upon us all.
In honor of our fine BAT Week posts, I ask the following questions:
- To what do you pledge allegiance and/or how would your change the current pledge?
- If you were on a Sunday talking head show and/or trapped in a room with Bill Donohue, what would you say?
- [The following is corrected information here, thanks Virus Head:] jimmyraybob’s BAT post made notable mention on Virus Head’s exclusive list of Best Bits numbers 1-15. Question: What demonic deal did jimmyrabob make with Lord Astaroth to get this done?
- And finally, for the love of Gojira - what will you do to save the children?
Optional bonus questions:
- How was your weekend?
- Tiger Woods: worst golfer ever?
- [added by christian h.] How much payroll does it take for the Cubs not to stink?
And be sure to tune in tomorrow when Dr. Free Ride
throws more gas on the fire, tries to talk sense into, pisses everyone off posts her long awaited follow-up to
Science and Belief.
Responses to “Thank-You’s and An Update”